Monday, November 7, 2011

Interpretive Self Portrait Collage
























My interest in the materials and objects I've chosen is the meaning behind them all. The materials I've chosen represent my life from childhood to present time. I've chosen things that represent my personality and things that inspire me to do the things I do. I love my family and any and everything I do is because of them and my 15 images represents just that.

All my images represent some type of feeling. More so on the happy side. For example, my images with my graduation things in it, represents my excitement from graduating high school. If it weren't for my family, I wouldn't be where I am today. Their support means the world to me.

All my images are related due to the fact they all represent my life. I can see them being grouped together, especially the ones with my baby picture in them and my graduation stuff. I tried not to change to much on my material. Although not all of my images have all three types of imagery combined, I like the way most turned out. I didn't want to over crowd the image with multiple things.

The inspiration for all 15 images came from Latoya Jackson's song "Home." A song that talks about family being important, remembering the memories everyone shares even though everyone eventually goes their separate way to fulfill their dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment